What Do We Do At A Play Street?
All Play Streets and activities must be free and open to the public. At a minimum, Each Play Street session must provide equipment or programming support for the following:
- 3 active activities (hop-scotch, jump rope, dance class, etc.)
- 1 activity that is accessible for people with limited mobility (board games, bubbles, performances or presentations)
- 1 community building activity (comment box or board, community potluck, NERT training)
Is food allowed?
No commercial food sales are allowed within a Play Street footprint.
Community members may organize a potluck or host a BBQ on their private property.
Free food services require an additional form. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 6 weeks prior to your free food service date to complete the necessary paperwork.
Can I Have A Band or DJ Play Amplified Music?
If you are interested in having amplified sound at your Play Street – beyond a basic battery-powered Bluetooth speaker – please contact email@example.com at least 6 weeks prior to your planned amplified sound activity.
- Use of or promotion of tobacco/smoking products or alcohol
- Use of or promotion of beverages or food that does not meet the City and County of San Francisco’s HEAL legislation (i.e. sodas and other sugary beverages, foods with added sugar and/or hydrogenated oils)
- Distribution of individual, single-use plastic water bottles
- Amplified sound (beyond basic battery-powered Bluetooth speakers)
- Commerce and/or sales (market place, food trucks and stalls, etc)
- Gated, paid programming (pay rides, VIP lounges, etc)
- Motor vehicles or motor vehicle shows